Thursday 21 June 2012

Postcard from Hell

Well, poppets, you know I don't usually allow anonymous comments in my combox. I get some lulus, as I'm sure you can imagine or have seen before I erased them. But sometimes I let one through, generally if it agrees with me,

I found this anonymous comment this morning, and it is both a lulu and it agrees with me. It fully acknowledges a fallen order in which women attach themselves to men who treat them badly.

Unfortunately, the letter-writer, whose bragging may just be a load of lies, admittedly, thinks this situation is wonderful. Imagine a virus discovering that it can invade people, take over their bodies and make them sick and die. Whoo-hoo!

The thing about the virus, though, is that once its host subject is dead, it dies too. Oh sure, its sibling and cousin viruses are still running amock through the community, but the virus in the dead person is dead, too. Not that it has a chance to consider this though because, though powerful, it doesn't have much of a brain.

Human beings do, however, have reason, and reason tells the reasonable man that attracting women so as to use and abuse them is really quite a shoddy hobby. Promiscuity does not wear down and tear at the souls of men quite as quickly as it does at women's, but I am told it does eventually catch up with them.

And it can, of course, hurt even those women such men decide are lovable human beings worth keeping around. Karen Blixen couldn't have children because her rat-bastard husband gave her a venereal disease. And God only knows how many women then and now get HPV, the one cause of cervical cancer, from their husbands' premarital sexual careers because although men carry it, they can't be tested for it.

So, do women somehow get hooked on rat-bastard behaviour? Yes. And women also--I know this will blow your minds--are much weaker than men, so when men hit us, we fall down. I know. Crazy, eh? And I don't see much of a difference between men exploiting women's emotional weakness to use us and men knocking us down. Both behaviours hurt. Both behaviours spit on the humanity of both women and men.

“Whenever man is responsible for offending a woman’s personal dignity and vocation, he acts contrary to his own personal dignity and his own vocation.” John Paul II, Mulieris Dignitatem


Here's the postcard from hell. You might as well see what we are dealing with. The writer's virus feeds on female attention, so I'm shutting the combox. If you want to vent, girls, send me a short email instead.


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Too Nice?":

It's interesting long ago when in grad-school, I did a series of experiments where I dated a number of women and would treat some very well, others moderately well, and to some I was a rat-bastard to put it simply. Invariably, the ones I was the worst to, were the ones who would almost literally do anything to say with me.

After nailing that down I would transition from being the "rat-bastard" to being nice to her, to see interest wain - if I reverse trend it would improve a bit, but after the better part of two years, I learned that you can never be to much of a rat-bastard. It really is as simple as that - but if you are "nice" you can kiss your butt good-bye.

So before you rant and rave that it isn't true ladies - be honest since each of you can point to the guy that was "too nice" and how you fell hard for the guy that was the worst to you. You have no one to blame but yourselves. Guys aren't stupid - we learn. Some quicker than others.

So while I see the who PUA stuff as useless, there is a grain of truth in it, and while I would never say I'm anywhere near that - I always have several women in the wings, and some who are up and coming.

Heck, you can see it in the book women are so hot and bothered about these days. Men learn ladies, and some learn quickly. Personally, I love the system - I can do what I want, when I want, and always have women waiting for me to call and jump at the chance.

So gnash your teeth all you want - you reward men like me. And I than you for it...


Don't read Fifty Shades of Grey. Read Mulieris Dignitatem. And the Magnificat. Actually, that's my response to the postcard writer in his little hell. Let's all say it together, shall we? Really freak him out.

My soul magnifies the Lord
And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior;
Because he has regarded the lowliness of his handmaid;
For behold, henceforth all generations shall call me blessed;
Because he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name;
And his mercy is from generation to generation
on those who fear him.
He has shown might with his arm,
He has scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.
He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
and has exalted the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has given help to Israel, his servant, mindful of his mercy
Even as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his posterity forever.

Amen.