Wednesday 17 February 2010

Blue Indigo

My day's proper post is below. This is just a short note to direct you to three interesting links about my book.

The first link is to Indigo books in Canada. They are carrying Seraphic Singles for less than the full market price AND they might have a competitive shipping rate, so give them a look. They are also asking for reviews. Obviously you cannot give a proper review without the book, but maybe they will allow you to say my writing on Single Life is generally marvellous, so the book is sure to be, too.

The second link is great fun, and it will bring you to the offical Library and Archives of Canada. They are the people who assign Canadian books their library call number. To my great surprise, my book has not been classified with theology but with sociology. And I admit I think that exciting because it suggests that my rather Catholic way of thinking might reach a larger and more diverse set of people than church-going Catholics. Preaching to the choir is cozy, and my literal preacher gives his literal choir gin and tonics afterwards, but it is nice to get out into the world and meet new people, too.

The third link is to an advert on Toronto, Canada's Faith Connections for my book launch on March 25 at 7 PM at The Duke of York Pub. Cash bar, but free hors d'oeuvres and one heck of a lot of Singles and Marrieds and Religious. Let's just say that if you like this blog, you're going to love my book and you're going to have a lot in common with people at the book launch. I'm sad that B.A. can't come, but if you come, I will cheer right up!

Update: Mysteriously, it seems to be available over Amazon France, but only after May 31.

Update 2: Thanks, Alisha!

5 comments:

Virginia (Ginny) said...

That is so exciting that your book has been given a call number! Now, maybe someday soon, I will be able to pick it up at a library near me. :)

Virginia (Ginny)

Seraphic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seraphic said...

No, you save up some money and BUY a copy! Even people in Scotland have to eat.

Virginia (Ginny) said...

Haha...Don't worry, I am definitely buying a copy of your book. But for some inexplicable reason, I think it's exciting that your book will not just be in bookstores but also in the library.

Seraphic said...

Spoken like a scholar!